Followers

Felicity Taylor Eclectic Handmade

Welcome to my site! I hope you enjoy reading my blog.

Wednesday, 31 March 2010

Vintage lace and peg dolls.

I have been getting a few bits ready to start at the local country market. I aim to get my food certificate soon and sell my cakes too, but till then I've got crafts to take. I eventually got round to sorting through some old lace I bought recently.
The lace included some (I think victorian) knickers, which
are falling apart so I wanted to photograph them for posterity.



I love the lace, and the tiny handmade button.
I also found my fragments of a 1920s dress which also needed photographing before they fall apart.
I love old beads, and these have a shell like lustre.



For a few years, all the fragments my magpie tendencies have amassed have been used in jewellery and dolls. I am making some peg dolls from the lace and old buttons.


Going through my 'bits tins' I found a charm bracelet I made years ago and some charms from my childhood.(Anyone old enough to remember 'Jackie' magazine may remember the palm tree charm!)



I'll put some new peg dolls on my Folksy shop soon. Bye for now!


2 comments:

  1. Wow, that fragment of twenties dress is one of the most beautiful textiles I've ever seen. It's exquisite. WHat a treasure. Your little peg dolls are very well dressed indeed - what chic ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fliss,
    I think that it might be the same Simon Costin. He also designs stage sets. You might be interested in the link below which tells you a bit more about him:
    http://models.com/oftheminute/?p=7387
    Please blog if you go to see the exhibition! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...