Followers

Felicity Taylor Eclectic Handmade

Welcome to my site! I hope you enjoy reading my blog.

Thursday, 6 May 2010

catching up.

Here are a few of the things I've been up to recently on the creative front. I have tried to just enjoy experimenting with different techniques. I usually have to have some starting inspiration, so as I said in my last post I looked at the  work of Janet Bolton and Ann Rothenstein. I love their simplicity - which as I know is really difficult to achieve!

I'm not too sure about my choice of fabrics, but I enjoyed the simplicity of handstitching and will try and finish them soon. The applique at the top was inspired by a painting (below) I started a while ago and didn't finish!- typical


I also experimented with some machine embroidery which was quite difficult to control!


I was quite happy with my garden fairy though!
My next bit of creativity is to make some more shaped dolls with felt, I'll keep you posted!


1 comment:

  1. Love the stitching in the embroidery hoop - and that painting! Finish it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...