Followers

Felicity Taylor Eclectic Handmade

Welcome to my site! I hope you enjoy reading my blog.

Monday, 28 March 2011

Applique and other bits.

It seems a while since I had time to blog! My little girl had her birthday, so I thought I have to MAKE something for her, maybe using the fabric she's had her eye on- 'little fawn sky' from fabric rehab.


She seemed to like it.


I did swear that I would NEVER make another deer as it was SO fiddly, and it was the first thing she took off the bag!
I am still working together with some other makers to form a group - we will be called 'jellypebbles' (no relation to my dog) and when our page is up and running you'll be the first to know. I am also trying to set up my own shop, so  I'll be very busy!
The other thing I've been doing is plenty of applique, with images of gardens, chickens etc Here's a little preview.




I have to finish the edges of some of them possibly like the one below.



They are all handsewn continuing to be inspired by the embroiderer Janet Bolton.
Happy sewing.

3 comments:

  1. oh what a lovely gift for your little girl, sooo sweet and detailed ;0)
    i love your fabric collage- your applique so reminds me of a ladys work i went to see at the Crafts council gallery in islington, london. really lovely and decorative ;0)x

    p.s when my friends/family visit they always admire your beautiful doll...x thank you x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...