Followers

Felicity Taylor Eclectic Handmade

Welcome to my site! I hope you enjoy reading my blog.

Tuesday, 1 March 2011

Vital Spark.

A little post showing a few little ideas from recent work. I have really enjoyed a bit more painting in my sketchbook. I have also tried some ideas for dolls using fabric scraps.



Again inspired by Janet Bolton, some applique ideas and a rather flat lady- good as a bookmark though!
I'm also trying to complete a piece for Liskeard's 'vital spark', a collaboration between artists and dancers around the 'Fer Lyskerys' dance ( a dance for Liskeard!)
I thought about the literal side of processional fairs and festivals and moving dancers- even morris men(and ladies) and explored the idea of a doll which isn't static.
A doll for me that answers that is a 'poupard' doll - a doll on a stick which 'asks' to be picked up and twirled.

A calico base, and a twiggy stick.

Painted with acrylic, and dressed with scraps. She will have bells on after I've painted her face.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely sketchbook - it's great being able to take a peep at what you've been up to. The doll looks super, really like the addition of movement to the piece.
    Good luck with the exhibition Felicity!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...