Followers

Felicity Taylor Eclectic Handmade

Welcome to my site! I hope you enjoy reading my blog.

Friday, 17 February 2012

Shrine to Family History.

As you probably realise,we don't do minimal in our house.Sentimental things are crammed into drawers until I feel like going through them. The time feels right to just keep special bits, and through inpiration on the internet, I have an idea of how to tackle the mountain.
I find the most difficult thing to go through are the childrens artwork and scribblings.
How do other people deal with the tide of things?



The above picture is in the book 'Ethnic Style' by Miranda Innes, and shows a 'shrine to family history'. I like this idea as a way of appreciating the fragments of history I have tucked away.
I have also been inspired by Dottie Angel's 'bits and bobs' wall below, I love this with my magpie tendencies. 


I have my eye on a wall in our front room. Oh! I'm now informed it's for a large picture, and my 'bits' will have to go in the little studio. So be it!
I'll keep you posted, I have a few days off!! 

I recently found a really cute donkey embroidery, and so had to put it in a heart!
It's in my Folksy shop now!

2 comments:

  1. Yes I am a hoarder as well, I have many boxes and trunks full of things that are important to me and they drive my husband CRAZY! He really hates it all and it's the single point that causes us to argue the most, sadly. I have over the years got rid of lots of it but I'm finally wearing him down and he has agreed to a wall (in our upper hallway, on the stairs, in the semi-dark I must add) where I am allowed to put up a lot of my old embroidery and paintings and family photos - hurrah!

    I force myself to bin most of the kids drawings but keep the very best, they are both prolific drawers to we'd be drowning in paper if I didn't.

    Bethx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does cause problems! We are both hoarders, and we look at eachothers things and say what do you want THAT for? The joys of sharing.
    We have made two HUGE storage areas under the stairs and in the front hall, and they are already groaning. I do still need a change of thought and need to focus on what is special.
    I hope you are able to have your wall of special things without too many comments from your husband!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...