Followers

Felicity Taylor Eclectic Handmade

Welcome to my site! I hope you enjoy reading my blog.

Thursday, 19 April 2012

Childrens artwork.

I know as a parent you think your childrens work is wonderful whatever it is. I am however inspired watching my daughter draw and paint.
As Picasso spent the whole of his life trying to draw like a child I think it's time well spent.
I find that pictures from the children are creeping in to my work!
The window in the above picture.....( My painting! if you thought it was a childs - I'm halfway there!)


Eleanors picture from quite a while ago.

I'm still working on the ceramics and papier mache pieces.


I made some shapes a few weeks ago which I've overpainted so many times!
Actually, looking at them now I prefered them with just the newspaper..mmm.




A rather too tight painting on the back one...
So I let spontenaity (!?) take over.

On the back.
I'm going to try a crackle glaze on the ceramic plaques.
We have a slight distraction in our house. Rabbit sized.
After vets visits and lots of neutering our 5 rabbits lived happily together... but the vet got one wrong.....and we ended up with MORE babies, two, but sadly one died.
We are rearing the little one inside, and seems to think that hubby is his mummy.




I hasten to add. Another rabbit is not an ideal situation, but whilst he/she is here we will make it very welcome.
Happy Creating!


6 comments:

  1. Love the painting so much x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should imagine your daughter is very happy to see her pictures featuring in your work! Lovely stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou Lucy and Stephanie. Eleanor is very keen to be part of anything involving pens and paint!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like what you are doing with the paper mache, it has a sort of delft look.
    That little black rabbit is the sweetest thing~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your painted work Felicity. The newspaper finish is interesting but it really comes to life when you have painted it. I agree with Julie above, there is a delightful delft feel about the work. Lovely!
    (I'm in love with your teeny rabbit)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...