Followers

Felicity Taylor Eclectic Handmade

Welcome to my site! I hope you enjoy reading my blog.

Friday, 27 April 2012

Fabric by Alice Apple.

I have recently bought some beautiful bold fabric by Alice Apple. I bought a sample pack from Etsy which is a great way of trying out lots of her designs on smaller projects or to use for patchwork.


After a visit to the opticians I decided I MUST look after my glasses! So I made myself a glasses case.
It's an early trial, but it will do the job.

I appliqued a design and added batting on the back for cushioning.Sewed it like a bag with a backing in another of her fabrics, adding more padding.
Here it is finished, although I sewed the ribbon loop on the wrong side.



Complete with spotty lining.

Now all I have to do is to find my glasses!

4 comments:

  1. You are amazing....Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, I bought some as well, I'm still deciding what to make with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou ladies, the fabric would make lovely purses, and I'm tempted to cut out the little trees to sew for decorations.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...