Followers

Felicity Taylor Eclectic Handmade

Welcome to my site! I hope you enjoy reading my blog.

Friday, 28 December 2012

New Year New Hopes.

I hope you all had a great Christmas.
I can't believe  another new year is looming. Like last year, I intend going with the flow.
We are still on the path to a simpler life. Our pre- Christmas was a stressful affair, worrying about the kids having less and the awful feeling of them being disappointed. I underestimated them completely. They were really happy with the things they had, and we had a wonderful day without too much of everything!
We were together and well! Something denied to many.
In an effort to shift a creative block.
I started to read a book we've had for years -'The Artists Way' by Julia Cameron, and came across a quote that seems very apt for new year inspiration.
 
'Why should we all use our creative power...?
Because there is nothing that makes people so
generous, joyful, lively, bold and compassionate,
so indifferent to fighting
and the accumulation of objects and money.'
 
By Brenda Ueland.
 
 
 
 
How was your Christmas?
 
 
 
 
 
   

6 comments:

  1. Very relaxed and chilled! I too am living a much simplified life, well in comparison to a few years ago! It's good to teach our children it's not all about what you can buy! Glad you had a great Christmas! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well said! It seems quite hard sometimes, so finding blog friends with similar interests is a real tonic.

      Delete
  2. We too try to limit the excess wih our little ones ... I've discovered a lot less than we think makes them happy ... I think some of it is our expectation not theirs ... I must remember this for the future ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wise words! I must admit, I am guilty of the trying to meet my expectations.

      Delete
  3. Our boys (like many, I think, to be fair) have no concept of money really. One of their favourite gifts this year was my husbands old lego from the 70's & 80's sent to us by his parents from Germany, along with the old instruction manuals! They just love it.

    Glad you had a lovely Christmas, wishing you health and happiness for 2012. Bethx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter is like that, but my son adds things up!! Luckily in a nice - not spoilt- way. He likes to know the order/ fairness of things.That's my theory anyway!
      Best Wishes for you and your family for 2013!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...