Followers

Felicity Taylor Eclectic Handmade

Welcome to my site! I hope you enjoy reading my blog.

Friday, 29 March 2013

Rug hooking 3

With this cold weather, there is nothing better that a real fire. It's heating water for tea as well as heating the room. My pet hate (one of!) is things that don't last. With us, kettles and washing machines DO NOT last. I have vowed to never buy another electric kettle. Our last one didn't even last a year!
I spent some of the evening on the rug hooking again, so I'll show a few more piccys.
 
 


 
The angel has been given her halo.
 

She has been given the task of feeding the chickens!
 
 
 
I hope you are all having a restful Easter -so far.
 

 

 
I'm getting out the Easter plates, egg related bits and trying my hand at a Simnel cake.
 
 
 
Happy Easter!
 

9 comments:

  1. love all your new 'makes' Fliss <3. Made some simnel cupcakes for the market - they were snapped up (should have made more but you never know what's going to sell)
    Have a lovely Easter and maybe we could get together over he holidays x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh even more lovely! It looks addictive as well. I'm considering a Simnel cake after your comment on my gardening blog, maybe a nice job for this afternoon. Bethx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did make the simnel cake -have taken some pics for the blog- I can but try! I don't know what mine tastes like, but it has rather large..balls.. our family loves marzipan!

      Delete
  3. The hooking is looking fantastic. With your great sense of colour and pattern, this looks like a really good medium for you. Can't wait to see it finished. Are you planning on doing more?
    Happy Easter F!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the moment I am hooked so I do plan to do more! I want to know if the little elves had their hot cross buns today?

      Delete
  4. I think they'll be out from their hiding places later Fliss once I've gone to bed. But rest assured, the buns are a-waiting for them! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely colours and an amazing design . I particularly love the chicken - rug making looks fascinating if not complicated !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Mrs H! It's not complicated- it's refreshingly easy! I promise I'm not a sales lady for rag rugging!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...