Followers

Felicity Taylor Eclectic Handmade

Welcome to my site! I hope you enjoy reading my blog.

Sunday, 31 March 2013

Simnel cake.

I did make the Simnel cake, from a Mary Berry recipe.It was quite easy .no...very easy to make.
It did dip in the middle, but seemed cooked,so I turned it upsidown.


 
We do all like marzipan!! I popped it under the grill for a couple of minutes.
 


For a springtime Easter tea.
 
 
The Jersey cow mooed as he could see another tea set trying to get in on the act!
 
 
Have a very lovely Easter!
 


5 comments:

  1. Well done - it looks beautiful. I love the Jersey cow - is it a milk jug? Have a lovely Easter x Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane, it is a milk or cream jug. The kids like using it,and it's quite funny (and a bit sickly!) with cream. Hope you have a happy Easter too,Flissx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thankyou Ada! I'm just eating the last piece. It was a little gooey in the middle, but very yummy.

      Delete
  3. It does look lovely, I very nearly made one after your suggestion over at rock cottages but figured my hips can't take it (I do love a fruit cake but would be the only one eating it). How enticing your table looks, all set for tea - lovely! Beth/thelinencat xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...