Followers

Felicity Taylor Eclectic Handmade

Welcome to my site! I hope you enjoy reading my blog.

Thursday, 14 March 2013

What's in your purse?

It has been a strange two days without my daughter who has gone on her first camp, and the first proper time away from family. She was so exited! I can remember vividly going away in year 6 to Wales and loving every single minute.Now the boot's on the other foot I realise my mum would have missed me! Before I went on the coach she gave me a little necklace that I now carry in my purse.
It was Easter time hence the chick. I gave my daughter a pillow pet to take (she didn't want to take a toy, she always worries what people think- bless)
The things my mum always kept in her purse were these little charms.
I think it's a Cornish Piskie and obviously an old boot for luck!
I am a sentimental soul but I'm sure I'm not alone
What's in your wallet?!
 
I have been playing with clay today!
I had a few ideas in my sketchbook and whilst looking at my little chick I thought I'd try some little creatures myself. They all need painting.
 
'Scuse ultra dry hands from the clay of course, and washing dishes...cleaning floors doors etc...
A while ago I started a small clay figure and added small hooks to be able to join the limbs together.
 
Photograph as awful as ever but you get the idea. I was looking at some clay dolls from fifth century Greece and Rome in a book I have. You'll find some beautiful ancient artefacts on Pinterest too.
Hope you all have a lovely evening.
 


3 comments:

  1. Hello! You've just brought back some memories for me! My mum had one of those little pixie, oh and an actual rabbits foot!
    Little Bea is off to her first camp next week too, I'm going to miss her so much but I'm sure she will love it! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck to little Bea, I'm sure she will have a fabulous time. I think my mum had a rabbits foot too, and a rabbit fur coat, in the years before it was not the done thing!

      Delete
  2. Oh I'm super sentimental and I think it's great that you have your Mum's charms, and no doubt you think of her every time you look at them. I have a couple of years before camp, but I saw the year 6's head off from our school last week and they were so very excited. Hope your daughter had fun. Bethx (thelinencat)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...