Followers

Felicity Taylor Eclectic Handmade

Welcome to my site! I hope you enjoy reading my blog.

Friday, 5 April 2013

Betty Crocker cropper.

Having just finished the Simnel cake, and with it being school hols. I thought it was time for another cake, maybe something a little easier on me!!
So in a weak moment I bought a 'Betty Crocker' cake mix (on offer)
I don't consider myself a thoughtless shopper, and I read the ingredients needed for the scrummy RED cake.
 


I didn't READ it though, we opened the box to find one pack of sponge mix, and no yummy white icing. I KNOW it says on the box but I was taken in. So after making my own buttercream.. 
Not quite like the packet! A bit of an odd red too. Everyone else seemed to like it, but I (no sour grapes) found it dense and a bit powdery i.e. like a cheap cake (not cheap cheap!)
So I won't be falling for that again.
Moan over, I thought I'd post a rather boring piccy of my white board, which now thanks to Lynne has writing on it! 
Even my small freezer with drawers was disorganized, so I thought there was no hope for my chest freezer, but I have now done the inventory and intend to keep up with it!


Please ignore the chips and curly fries! When they are gone they are GONE.

4 comments:

  1. Hi we love baking too but occasionally give in to a quick mix - it means someone else in the family can bake - especially those who don't often bake ! It makes a change :) I love the inventory - we really need to mao one of these !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was funny because everyone else did like it, but I did look at how much the Betty Crocker icing was and it was £2.15 which would have made the cake quite expensive. The inventory is going really well i.e. I am sticking to it even after a big shop.Flissx

      Delete
  2. The cake looks yummy, but shame it doesn't taste so great. I've never used a cake mix before, it might be a good idea for me as my cakes are rather hit and mix in their rises! Hope you are also enjoying some of the sun we've had today :) Bethx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you would do better yourself Beth. Did you ever make the Simnel cake? We haven't had much sun unfortunately I neeeed some!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...