Followers

Felicity Taylor Eclectic Handmade

Welcome to my site! I hope you enjoy reading my blog.

Saturday, 13 April 2013

Three bags full in wooly Liskeard.

Liskeard Town Team put on another event in Liskeard to celebrate the towns wooly heritage.
My daughter and I did a workshop with a local artist using wooly blankets, and I have just come back from town (a bit wet!) where lots of ladies and gents danced a scarf around the town -as you do!-

 
We had to think of a story. Eleanors was 'Danny the Champion of the World' and mine was the 'Happy Prince'.
After a wooly couple of hours, I spent an evening doing some more rug hooking.
 

Slightly odd lighting, but I did stay up till 12 !
Nearly finished.
 
Now for the wooly fest.
A tractor.
 
Beautiful alpacas
 
 
Mummy alpaca.
 
 
Sheep of course.
 
 

 
A giant community scarf was made with the expertise of Victoria Rowan (victoriaknittingfairy)
 
Twas very very long!
I couldn't take many as I was dancing (ha ha walking!) around town too.
There were a lot more than shown.
Hope you are all having a good Saturday!

11 comments:

  1. I love what the two of you did the talent stayed right in the family....it looks like a fun event ...loved the long scarf! Heidi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Heidi! The scarf was very wet and very heavy by the end!

      Delete
  2. How brave to even venture out in this weather but worth it to be part of such a lovely thing! I hope the scarf has found a nice warm place to dry off - it looks fab! The wool workshop looks great fun - well done to Eleanor for creating such a beautiful design x Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Jane, it does always seem to rain on events like this or the carnival. I heard years ago someone saying there is no such thing as awful weather you're just wearing the wrong clothing. Very sensible advice.

      Delete
  3. What a great festival- I love the art work you and your daughter have created! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Ada, I feel very lucky to have community artists local to me.Flissx

      Delete
  4. We may have got a bit wet, but I'm glad I took part. Very impressed you managed to take photos of the scarf as we "danced" and good ones too. I think those alpacas stole the show.

    No idea what rug hooking is, but yours looks wonderful. The story blankets look rather good too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The photos are a fluke! Thankyou for visiting my blog and your lovely comments Choclette. When I have more time I am really looking forward to trying some of your recipes.x

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely to celebrate wool and the towns heritage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must say the alpacas stole my heart!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...