Followers

Felicity Taylor Eclectic Handmade

Welcome to my site! I hope you enjoy reading my blog.

Monday, 27 May 2013

Cornwall Open Studios, Sue Dove,Jane Winton, Sara Holden, Terry Rigden and Sheila Mitchell.

Yesterday we visited a few of the Cornwall Open Studios (25th May -2nd June)
It's a wonderful opportunity to visit artists, often in their own studio space.
You never know what you will find!
Our first visit was to Sue Dove's house. From opening the gate we were greeted with SUCH an inspiring garden and studio. Sue was so welcoming, and we were able to see an aladdins cave of work / sketchbooks / inspiration / vintage items. Lovely dolls, rug hooking, beautiful embroidery - there was so much to look at! I was so pleased that Sue let me take some photos that I can share with you.


Up the winding garden path, over the bridge.


Right at the end of the garden..

A lovely welcome from Frankie Velcro.



Sue's book is very inpiring too!
( 'Painting with stitches' ISBN 1 870586 46-8)


Back by the house.
Next we visited Terry Rigden and Sheila Mitchell. We saw some beautiful landscapes, but sorry I didn't take any pictures- you'll just have to visit!
Lastly with some good signposts! We got to Golden Mill House.
Where Jane Winton and Sara Holden had a wonderful display of their work.
Sorry no photos again, but if you press the links for Jane's and Sara's you can see blogs and websites - if you look at Jane's Facebook page she has wonderful photos of the open studio!
Phew! We were blessed with sunshine, but whatever the weather it's well worth visiting the Open Studios'.
 

5 comments:

  1. That first studio looks incredible - like a jewel in the centre of an oasis! I could happily sit there forever! Looks like a wonderful inspiring day x Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really was! Hopefully you'll get to visit one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a great time you had, I'd love to have had a nosey in there too! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like an amazing day out, I am always envious of the idea of open studios, there are many I'd like to have a nosey in. Bethx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...