Followers

Felicity Taylor Eclectic Handmade

Welcome to my site! I hope you enjoy reading my blog.

Saturday, 9 November 2013

Vintage finds and other things.

I woke up this morning to some bonus sunshine, that threw some lovely shadows around the room.


The other day I had a sort out of a few pens and pencils (to say the least!)


I also had a go at marrow and ginger jam (no frills presentation!)
As I forgot  to add anything with pectin in, it turned out like a puree, my daughter called it marrow and ginger honey which I thought was a very forgiving name.
It was actually very tasty, and a lovely colour.

For anyone who's interested I am regularly listing on ebay 
A few items below are shown from what is on there now.
I also sell some end of stock items if anyone is after stocking fillers.
I hate the amount of postage I have to charge, but do hope that people think of buying more than one thing so it cuts the postage down.




Hope you are all having a great weekend!
xx






10 comments:

  1. I'll bet your concoction would be good on pancakes!
    I'm going to see your Ebay store,
    and lastly I am going to order the Borrowers, I have never read the series and thanks so much for telling me
    xx
    julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds good to me too, I love pancakes!
      So glad to have suggested the Borrowers, hope you enjoy reading them, and that you get plenty of inspiration.

      Delete
  2. Hi Felicity, lovley to see you popping over to my blog - it's been a while since we last spoke I think! I LOVE the idea of marrow and ginger honey! What a great way of putting it. I will look up how to do etsy and see if I can manage it .....the technophobe in me is already squirming at the very idea! Lx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Lynne, and you can pop by anytime to ask about Etsy- whether I'll know the answer is another thing!

      Delete
  3. What a lovely colour! Looks like lemon curd. If it tastes as lovely as it looks you have nothing to worry about. I made chicken soup the other day, using stock l made earlier. Hubby said it was delicious...but would have been even better had it had some chicken in it!! The ready chopped chicken for the soup was still sat in the fridge ;-). Hope you have a great weekend, Pam x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like something I'd do! I have to write everything on lists or on a whiteboard or I just forget.

      Delete
  4. Lovely bits and bobs in your Etsy shop - I am hating the whole P&P thing at the moment, I just made some samples of new x-mas mice but can't get them down to 2.5cm wide so they could be posted as a large letter. Sooooo annoying. I quite like the sound of 'marrow and ginger honey' I think you should just tell everyone that was your intention in the first place ;) Bethx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Beth, I had to come home and re-wrap a parcel the other day to make sure I made a bit of money rather than a loss! Do you have the cardboard size guide from the post office?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am lucky in that I know all my box sizes, so I know how much they'll cost me to post (and I design things to fit into them, so I don't have to buy any new sizes!) but the problem is the jump from large letter (90p) to small parcel (£3) that's the killer, as anything over 2.5 cm deep now costs £3!! Bx

      Delete
    2. That's a really good way to do it when you have set things to make. I spend so much time working out all sorts of different sized items for ebay. The jump from the letter to parcel is too much, like you say it only has to be a fraction out and on a small thing you might make a loss.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...