Followers

Felicity Taylor Eclectic Handmade

Welcome to my site! I hope you enjoy reading my blog.

Friday, 6 December 2013

Folk Art Needlecraft.

I visited our local library yesterday, and found a lovely embroidery book by Clare Youngs.


I've had lots of ideas from it, and hopefully will share any projects with you soon!
The simple linear shapes and patterns reminded me of a lovely picture from soulemama

This one is being sewn by her daughter.
This in turn inspired an idea for my own daughter to try the simple embroidery, as she draws mostly linear pictures. She has been working on some 'story maps' to prompt some creative writing.


I hope to have time to teach her some basic stitches to stitch some ideas from this work.
I will show you soon!
We are hopefully going to get some decorations down this weekend. I hope it's only some! I say every year that we will thin them out, but it never happens! We shall see...


5 comments:

  1. I love the simplicity of the designs but know achieving them isn't! Well not for me anyway! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I've still yet to try them, I'm sure there will be plenty of unpicking!

      Delete
  2. your blog is looking so strong love your work have a lovely xmas too as I bet I don't get round everyone to say thanks hx ps love the new backdrop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, and I hope you have a great Christmas too. x

      Delete
  3. Nice book, I see where the gingerbread house idea started now (I'm reading backwards in the timeline today!!). I love simple coloured stitching on linen. Bethx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...