Followers

Felicity Taylor Eclectic Handmade

Welcome to my site! I hope you enjoy reading my blog.

Tuesday, 17 December 2013

Gingerbread House and Tinsel.

Following on from Clare Youngs book of needlecraft, Eleanor has tried stitching her own design from her story onto fabric.

She drew her little gingerbread house on with pencil.


Then used simple backstitch.



She tried a few other stitches, and decided that the whipped backstitch would make a good candy cane, so she is now trying it out. I'll post the finished article soon.
Also I thought I'd show you a little Christmas scene, showing a new family member Tinsel and the puppy safe front room.


Shhhhh, she may look sweet but she's full of mischief, and I really have to get on with some Christmas shopping!


Byeee for now.


12 comments:

  1. Well now your puppy is beautiful but how talented is your daughter?! Would love to see her embroidery when it is finished x Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Jane. My daughter is very inspired by the lovely comments on her work and she is working hard to try and finish it!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Appearances can be deceptive! I forgot how much energy puppies have, but one look at her cute face and it seems more than worth it. x (For now anyway!!)

      Delete
  3. Just discovered your blog - your blog banner is ADORABLE! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi and welcome Candy Pop, thankyou for your lovely comment. The little donkey is my favourite.x

      Delete
  4. Lovely stitching and a super cute pup
    Twiggy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Twiggy,She'll make sure we have a very busy Christmas!

      Delete
  5. Oh, oh, oh cuuuutttte doggy! And can't wait to see the finished gingerbread house. Hope all is going well. Bethx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth, Eleanor is almost finished. I've promised her we can make a cooked gingerbread house, I just need to get a piping bag, and lots of sweets. So I'll have to clear the way in the kitchen! x

      Delete
  6. a beautiful scene, so full of love
    and what a tree!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...