Followers

Felicity Taylor Eclectic Handmade

Welcome to my site! I hope you enjoy reading my blog.

Thursday, 17 April 2014

Decisions..Darite...Siblyback, and lots of cake!

Thankyou for all your helpful comments. the uncertainty rumbles on. My husband is widening the net for jobs- a more permanent one at least-he's on a dreaded 0 hours contract agency work. He gets a fair amount of work, but it's no way to build a future. The search is VERY wide.Covering Lincoln and Norwich, where my brother spent his last few years. I'll keep you posted on what happens.
For now we have spent time out and in the garden soaking up the lovely sun.Whenever we think about moving, I tend to not think about doing anything much in the garden. I have however tried to block it out and plant some seeds and get things started -just in case we are still here!
I'm really enjoying finding all the frugal-self sufficientish type blogs to see how other people are living. I have done a lot of baking from Chelmarsh Chunterings . That are now safely tucked in the freezer, or have been eaten!
The Victoria Sponge recipe is lovely, and hers are fantastically iced, unlike mine!
In the comments Thea said about missing Cornwall. I think it will always be a very special place to us whatever happens.
We visited the little village of Darite, and had a lovely walk (if a bit chilly!) 



Then on another day, a trip to Siblyback lake. We managed to get Tinsel there without her being sick! 
She has so much energy, and managed to bound around the lake with ease, but by the time we got in the car she was exhausted- I think too tired to be sick on the way back. Lucky escape!



Hope you all have a good Easter!


9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos and here's hoping a permanent contract finds your husband soon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Josie. Something will turn up if we keep looking. x

      Delete
  2. Oh Felicity it sounds like you're in proper limbo - I've got everything crossed that things will start to settle for you a.s.a.p. x Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chin up Felicity, and you can pop in and see me if you are Norwich way! Life changes all the time, doesn't it, just when we think we are settled. Wishing you all the best. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynne, we will do that! Life does keep us on our toes.x

      Delete
  4. Yum, yum, lovely looking cakes! I hear you on the not working too much in the garden bit, we've decided to stay put (or more realistically, can't afford to move right now) so I've gone full steam in the veg patch, after initially holding back. I hope the things come to an agreeable conclusion, it's not much fun being in the limbo stage. Bethx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moving is so expensive. We worked out some initial figures, and it would mean we would have to downsize.In my next post I've put a few pictures of the veg patch, as at least we can eat what we grow in the meantime regardless of what happens.x

      Delete
  5. love your garden hope you had good weekend hx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...