Followers

Felicity Taylor Eclectic Handmade

Welcome to my site! I hope you enjoy reading my blog.

Friday, 27 June 2014

Bright patchwork.

Alongside the hexagon patchwork. I've been trying to use up more of my fabric stash to make some much needed covers for the sofa ( a certain doggy keeps chewing the blankets.)
I'm late coming to patchwork, and I've seen such lovely examples online.
Mine is a bit hit and miss, but I love the overall look so far, and the simplicity of using up bits of fabric too small for most other things.
A previous hexagon piccy below I'm afraid it hasn't changed much since!


Even smaller scraps get used on applique projects.


These ladies are waiting on my pinboard to be finished!

I keep trying to sort out my sewing area, but pieces of wood keep appearing!
They will be banished when the shed is made!
Does anyone else have a house where as soon as a space is made-it gets filled?




3 comments:

  1. I have actually just finished cleaning out my office and re-organizing space in my pantry/supply room. I am determined to keep a sewing space clean and sorted out and get a piece of furniture to store my sewing fabric scraps and notions ... your hexagon project needs some dedicated time, dearie! I am working on mine every time I sit down to watch a Red Sox game ... I figure in four years, I'll have a quilt face done ... all posies a la Grandmother's Garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are absolutely right about spending some more time. I don't watch much telly, but I do spend time on the computer,where I can get lost in time!
      I'll be happy if I can get the hexagons to cushion size.
      Good luck with your clearing and finding a piece of furniture. I think it's necessary to have a good tidy to make 'space' for new work.

      Delete
  2. I'm loving your patchwork blankets, I'm really hoping to get some of my WIP finished over the next week too! :) x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...