Followers

Felicity Taylor Eclectic Handmade

Welcome to my site! I hope you enjoy reading my blog.

Thursday, 29 January 2015

The Shed.Part 1. Repairing sash windows- the DIY option.

Warning, this is a very un-crafty in a fabric sense blog post.
As you know I have been elsewhere...one of the things I was up to in the summer (remember that!)...

Following on from the shed post, hubby is continuing to repair various hoarded windows.
He has repaired all our sash windows in the house, so they can all be opened- good for the weather we've just had!
We can't afford to have a carpenter make them, as lovely as that would be. Instead he uses marine filler and chunks of wood to make up bits that have been lost.
A very rotten frame.

Chopping out the rotten parts and treating the wood.

Adding wood.

Repairing any cracks with glue and screws.




Marine filler is applied then sanded.


The sash windows were not too bad, so they've been stripped carefully using a heat gun, belt sander and chisel- they  are looking much better.

Here it is in situ.
I love the leadwork at the top.
Part two is to follow soon....
Byee for now x.








3 comments:

  1. Wow - amazing job, so much work involved. We had to have a sash remade in the old house it was crazy expensive. Bethx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They would I'm sure be beautifully made. If money was no object, I would love to have wooden double glazed (if that's possible!) It is good however to be able to do them as and when we can.

      Delete
  2. Everyone told me to spend money on a good belt for CCW, so I bought one of these and like it quite a bit:
    Daltech Force are help me in choosing quality gun belt. Thei stuff are polite and provide only useful information.
    Cost more than my last 10 years worth of belts.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...