Followers

Felicity Taylor Eclectic Handmade

Welcome to my site! I hope you enjoy reading my blog.

Thursday, 19 February 2015

Batch baking and rag faces.

A very wet and dull day today, so I needed to find something inside to do.
Not a difficult decision- to have a baking binge in the kitchen (to keep nice and warm.)


Round cherry cake, coffee cake, lemon cake, flapjacks and rocky road.
Phew!



I have cut up the cakes and frozen most. Needless to say, the rocky road stays - it is half term!

I have started another rag rug 'thing' i.e. I don't know what it is yet.

As the face on my last piece was very undefined. I wanted to have a go at ...you guessed it ..a face.


I've struggled with finding suitable colours, but I found that some fabrics that looked very unpromising, actually worked quite well.






This is as far as I have got today.

My daughter and her friend got busy with paints after we visited Padstow yesterday.
They started quite a few!




Wise words.


Hope you have all had a good day,despite the rain!
x









4 comments:

  1. You certainly live in a creative home. You and your daughter. Art, whether it is in the form of sewing, painting, baking, building etc. It sure makes life more fun, doesn't it:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! Thanks for stopping by Connie x.

      Delete
  2. Wow, that's a proper baking batch! I made banana cake this weekend and thought I was doing well. Bx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly it's all gone! It gets frozen and used up for lunches etc. Looking at it now I'm wondering if we eat too much cake!! If there is such a thing.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...