Followers

Felicity Taylor Eclectic Handmade

Welcome to my site! I hope you enjoy reading my blog.

Monday, 2 February 2015

Using up scraps of fabric.




I'm still enjoying the rag rug making.
I find it intriguing how my terribly cut scraps of fabric, can be bought together and used for something new.


I'm still keeping warm by the fire, so it's lovely to sit and hook the fabric.




I have been working on some different jewellery pieces, again using scraps of fabric.


Little lavender filled brooches.


For little - or big peeps.


I also wanted to show you my first punch needle rug /
hanging.
The edges frayed away, so I backed it with some black fabric.
I have also run out of wool, so I am going to try some strips of fabric next time.


The film at the start is from youtube with Ali Rhind and it is brilliantly informative.I have followed her instructions on finishing off the edges before you start to try and avoid the same problem.
Hope you are all keeping warm.



2 comments:

  1. Oh Felicity your punch needle rug is gorgeous - well done! I've only ever made a rug on my peg loom but the sense of achievement was great (until it fell in apart in the wash that is!) I'm off to watch the video now - I just love to see people creating things even if I never do them myself. Well done on the jewellery too x Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jane, shame about your rug, you never know-you may get hooked on another project.Any rugs I make will be hangings as if it went on the floor,our dog would LOVE to chew and unpick it all. I hope you like the video x.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...