Followers

Felicity Taylor Eclectic Handmade

Welcome to my site! I hope you enjoy reading my blog.

Sunday, 17 May 2015

Fowey Festival Art Trail.

We spent a lovely day last week visiting a couple of open studios in Fowey Cornwall.
It is part of the Fowey Festival of words and music 9-16th May 2015.
I LOVE open studios where you get to meet, talk to the artists and see  where they work.
We saw some lovely work by Julia and Jane Cooper who's beautiful house and garden overlook the sea.
It's a great way to see how a painting will look in a domestic setting.


We also saw potter Barry Marshall-Johnson  who uses some very local clays and slips for his pottery, and the painter Catherine O'Reilly who had lots of figurative work.


Some wonderful willow work by Sian Hill


We were blessed with beautiful weather.


Finally we visited Sara Owen who was right on the water.Her work was really beautiful.
I'll be looking forward to visiting again next year, and hopefully we'll fit more artists in!
If you're in the area,pop to Fowey for a spot of tea, there are lots of independent shops and some FANTASTIC views too.
Have a good week Bye for now.





4 comments:

  1. I too love Open Sudios, I've done one myself last year, and visited many of my lovely crafty friends when they have opened up their won studios to the public. So inspirational, isn't it? And it looks like you had some lovely weather too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, as I look out on torrential rain today! It does seem a great way to buy and sell work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a scenic area for open studios! You must've headed home with all kinds of ideas after seeing so many talented artists. Natural beauty and man-made beauty--a win win!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a scenic area for open studios! You must've headed home with all kinds of ideas after seeing so many talented artists. Natural beauty and man-made beauty--a win win!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...