Followers

Felicity Taylor Eclectic Handmade

Welcome to my site! I hope you enjoy reading my blog.

Tuesday, 9 June 2015

Apologies -again- for long gaps between posts.
I get caught up in other work and house stuff, as we all do!
I have managed to do some more work though. He's a few pictures of raggy goings on.


I have finished the 'Moon and Bird'.


My favourite part was the -moon and bird.

My hubby commented that it reminded him of an ancient carpet he saw on a t.v. programme.
I saw a clip from it. The carpet was said to be the oldest representation of Mary Magdelene, it also showed Jesus and other figures (all open to interpretation of course).
I loved the simple representations of the figures in what seemed to be little boats.
It inspired a small rag rug idea.

Not quite finished yet, but I really like the bold shapes.

I have also nearly finished another small piece.


A rather wobbly Orla Kiely inspired mug.

Hope you are all having a good day!
Bye for now.




3 comments:

  1. The variegated look you get with the patterned fabrics gives your art a rich look. Your works have a story-like quality about them. Do you ever display some as hangings? I imagine them to look lovely on a wall. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bonnie.I do want to hang them on a wall, I am going to try lengths of dowel through a fabric strip maybe. I look at our walls that are already very full and wonder where to put them! Fliss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...