Followers

Felicity Taylor Eclectic Handmade

Welcome to my site! I hope you enjoy reading my blog.

Thursday, 7 January 2016

Applique Portraits

I have been working on some more little portraits, made of fabric, they have their own papier mache frames.
I love the work of Matisse, I'm not sure if the portrait below is by Matisse (?) It may be a copy of 'The Idol' 1905-06.


I love the colours and bold pattern.
I thought you may like to see the process, so here is some of it in pictures.


I wade through my fabric to pick similar colours/patterns/textures.
I like to work by hand, turning the fabric over and securing it with stitches.



Some of the thread for the mouth got caught, but I liked the way it looked so I left it. 




I need to put a little hook on the back, then she's finished.
Has anyone else tried applique?
Bye for now.


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...