Followers

Felicity Taylor Eclectic Handmade

Welcome to my site! I hope you enjoy reading my blog.

Friday, 8 January 2016

Matisse's Marguerite.


I love the painting Matisse made of his daughter Marguerite-one of many.
Marguerite was part of the French Resistance, she was captured by the Nazis.
Whilst on a train bound for a concentration camp she escaped.
She lived to 87.


I found the perfect colour to stitch onto.


I used the mourning button I had and a little black bird.


She turned out looking a bit older than the real portrait! 
Maybe a bit like a lady of the night too!
Hope you have a good weekend.
Au Revoir !


1 comment:

  1. Another fab sewn portrait. I do really like these, especially this one with it's mourning button and black bird. Hope all is well with you and 2016 is off to a great start!! Bethx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...