Followers

Felicity Taylor Eclectic Handmade

Welcome to my site! I hope you enjoy reading my blog.

Tuesday, 5 January 2016

Welcome 2016!

If anyone is still out there! I have been lurking in the sidelines, reading lovely blogs regularly, but neglecting mine. So in 2016 I intend to blog more regularly!! 
Way back in the summer we visited the beautiful city of Norwich.


Within the castle walls is a wonderful museum full of treasures.


An exhibit by the artist Julian Walker appealed to me.
'Collection: Some Items Held'





Each flawed fragment was carefully selected (all from the museums collections)
and under each is the name of someone who was imprisoned in the castle.


I am fascinated by the passing of time and the small fragments we may leave to prove our existence,even just a name.

In future posts I will be showing you more of my current work.
In the mean time, turn on the smellivision and remember the days before the 'constant rain'.






I wanted to make royal icing,but got marshmallow type frosting instead!
Very tasty all the same!


Bye for now!





2 comments:

  1. Hello Fliss. Thank you for your visit over at my (very neglected!!) blog :) Glad to see you are back as well, it's funny how quiet a good few of the people whose blogs I read have been recently, I think we must all have some kind of blog fatigue! How interesting the exhibition you visited sounds, that's totally my kind of thing and I love the icing, I once had to make Royal Icing for a cake for my Mum's birthday as a surprise and it rather stretched my then mid 20's cooking skills as I was under a lot of pressure not to mess up the fruit cake my Gran had spent hours making, don't think I've ever tried to make it since!! I rather like the marshmallow looking quality, bet is tasted good. Hope to see more of you over 2016, but if not, no problem, I know how hard it can be to find time for blogging. Bethx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello again Beth.Yes I don't know what happened to the months.I like starting a New Year and I really hope that I can keep it up!The icing was really odd.I followed the recipe but it wouldn't set.It did taste yummy though.x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...